You may use our Google Search to locate a specific form or packet.

Court Forms


All printed and/or handwritten forms must be single sided and the text of every document must be black ink on a plain white background.

Child and Spousal Support

Family Law

Juvenile Dependency


This Child Should Be with Me Not His or Her Parents


It is proper to seek guardianship if:

• Neither of the child’s parents are alive.

• The child’s parent(s) is/are legally incapacitated or

• All parental rights have been terminated by previous court order.

• Both parents will sign a written, notarized consent to the guardianship.


It is NOT proper to seek guardianship if there is a parent alive who wishes to parent and whose parental rights have not been previously terminated by court order.



It is proper to seek custody in loco parentis if:

1. You are currently acting as a parent to the child.

2. You believe it is bad for the child to remain with or to be placed in the custody of either of the child’s parents.

3. A court has not entered an order concerning the child’s custody within the past year (unless there is reason to believe the child’s present environment may seriously endanger the child’s physical, mental, moral or emotional health); and

4. One of the following is true:

a. One of the child’s parents is deceased.

b. The child’s parents are unmarried or

c. A petition for divorce or legal separation has been filed.


Under the law, there is a presumption that it is the child’s best interest to award custody to a legal parent. To overcome this presumption, you must show by clear and convincing evidence that awarding custody to a legal parent is not in the child’s best interests.



It is proper to seek dependency if:

• You believe the child is in danger because the parent(s) has/have neglected or abused the child.

• You believe the child’s parent(s) is/are unable to care for the child because of mental illness, mental deficiency, or chronic drug or alcohol abuse.

• The child’s parent(s) has/have abandoned the child.

• The child’s parent(s) is/are imprisoned for a felony of such nature that proves unfitness (e.g., murder or manslaughter) or

• The child’s parent(s) has/have relinquished their rights to the child to an agency or consented to adoption.


Dependency is only the first step in an effort to provide for children who are inadequately cared for.  Dependency makes the child a temporary ward of the Court. After dependency has been declared, further proceedings may result in permanent guardianship of the child or termination of the parental rights.



العربية / Arabic

中国 / Chinese

Español / Spanish

Việt / Vietnamese

How To's...

Guide for Dissolution of Marriage

Guide for Modifying Child Support

Guide for Name Change for an Adult with Minor Children

Guide for Petition to Establish Legal Decision-Making, Parenting Time & Child Support

Guide for Petition to Establish Paternity, Legal Decision-Making, Parenting Time & Child Support

Guide for Petition to Modify Legal Decision-Making, Parenting Time & Child Support

Guide for Petition to Modify Parenting Time & Child Support

Guide for Petition to Stop Income Withholding Order/Notice for Support

Guide for Request to Enforce Court Ordered Support

Guide for Request to Enforce Term of Court Ordered Legal Decision-Making/Parenting Time