An Order of Protection is used for a "family" relationship between you and the Defendant. To obtain an Order of Protection one of the following must apply:
1. Married now or in the past.
2. Live together now or lived together in the past.
3. Parent of a child in common.
4. One of you is pregnant by the other.
5. You are a relative (parent, in-law, brother, sister, or grandparent).
6. Current or previous romantic or sexual relationship. Also, you must state how an act of domestic violence was threatened or committed against you within the last year.
Where do I file the Order of Protection?
• 971 Jason Lopez Circle, Bldg A, Florence AZ 85132
• You will need to come as early as possible, try to come no later than 3:00 pm. This will allow the Court enough time to process your request.
• PLEASE NOTE: When petitioning the Court for a protective order, you will see a Judge in an undetermined time frame and must remain in the Clerk’s Office. You will be contacted by court staff at the Judge’s soonest availability.
Helpful Information Prior to Submitting your Forms to the Court
• The electronic questionnaire must be completed in our main office located at 971 Jason Lopez Circle, Bldg A, Florence AZ 85132. Protective Orders are not accepted at any of our Satellite Office Locations.
• If you are submitting attachments, all documents must be one sided and legible.
• When filing emergency documents you should be prepared to wait for an undetermined time frame.
• If you come later than 3:00 pm, the Court may not complete the processing of your emergency request, therefore you may need to return the next business day.
• You may have a hearing and appear before the Judge and appropriate attire is required; no shorts or flip flops please.