WARNING: Bogus Phone Calls, Emails May Lead to Fraud. Read More...
Clerk of the Superior Court
Filing Fee $28.00
Download the following form and complete in it's entirety:
Note: Application forms from other counties or agencies will not be accepted.
One of the following must be submitted with your Application:
1. A copy of your last two paycheck stubs.
2. A notarized statement of non-employment. Any person you are living with at this time who is assisting you financially may sign a notarized document stating they are supporting you.
3. A copy of your Letter of Approval/Award or Verification of the amount of assistance you receive if you currently receive Food Stamps, SSI, unemployment or any governmental assistance. Providing or showing a copy of your card is not sufficient and will not be accepted.
4. An affidavit of income if you are not currently working and are not receiving any governmental assistance.
If your application is based upon your current income, the deferral will be granted if the established gross income is at or below these income levels indicated below and considering the number of related individuals in the household.
*For family units with more than 8 members, add $522.50 for each additional member at the
150% level, $609.58 at the 175%, $696.67 at the 200% level, and $783.75 at the 225% level.
The Superior Court shall collect the minimum filing fee for each deferral application submitted to the court. You may be eligible to defer this fee. Administrative Order 2015-97
A payment of $28.00 is due at the time the Deferral Application is submitted. The following payment methods are accepted;
2. Money Order*
3. Cashier’s check*.
4. Debit or Credit card; name listed on card must match name listed on I.D.
5. Personal checks*; name must match name on I.D.
*Money orders, Cashier’s checks and personal checks, should be made payable to Clerk of Superior Court.
Submit your Application along with your pleading/motion to the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court using one of the following methods:
1. Mail; P. O. Box 2730, Florence, AZ 85132; Money orders, Cashier’s checks and personal checks ONLY and should be made payable to Clerk of Superior Court.
Note: If you do not meet the requirements for a Deferral of fees, the Clerk (Special Commissioner) has the discretion to place you on a monthly payment plan. The Clerk (Special Commissioner) does not waive any filing fees. The Clerk (Special Commissioner) can only defer filing fees until the Judge determines if fees will be waived or payments ordered.
Note: If you receive a deferral and have unpaid fees at the end of your case you will receive a Notice of Court Fees and Costs Due. This is to remind you that you may submit a supplemental application for further deferral or waiver if you believe you need more time to pay or cannot afford to pay your court fees and costs. The Court (Judge) will decide at that time whether or not you must pay.
If you do not file a supplemental application, the original deferral order remains in effect and a consent judgment may be entered against you if you do not pay within thirty calendar days after entry of final judgment.
If your case is dismissed for any reason, the fees and costs are still due.
At the end of your case, if you receive a Notice of Court Fees and Costs, you may submit a supplemental application for further deferral or waiver if you believe you need more time to pay or cannot afford to pay your court fees and costs. The Court (Judge) will decide at that time whether or not you must pay.
Waiver and/or Supplemental Deferral
Download the following form and complete in its entirety;
Note: An Order Regarding Deferral or Waiver of Court Fees and Costs will be prepared by the Clerk and sent to the Court (Judge) for review.